As many of you know, I've accepted a job with Disney English. I will be teaching English in China starting in October. In June, I decided I needed a change. I left my job after almost 2 years and I wasn't quite sure what I'd be doing. My last week there, a friend of mine from college, Ashley, (who I also happened to intern with at Disney World in 2006) posted on Facebook that she had been offered a job with Disney English. I was a bit intrigued! I gave Ashley a call, and she said they were still hiring and she'd reach out to her recruiter to see if they were interested. I sent my resume over to her, and I got an e-mail back from the recruiter on my last day of work. We scheduled an interview for the following week, and they offered me a position on the spot. Initially, my friend and I were trying to work it out to be teaching in the same city, but that just wasn't in the cards for us. The recruiter sent me a list of cities that had openings in October, and I did lots and lots of research on all of them. After hours of reading about these cities, I decided on Nanjing.
Nanjing is located in southern China and is about 3 hours northwest of Shanghai, and about 3 and a half hours from Hangzhou (where Ashley will be). We are both super excited to go abroad (especially because its with Disney!) and ready for the challenges ahead. Right now we are working on our TEFL-C certification so we can teach in China. More importantly, though, we are planning our travels around China/Asia over the next 15 months. It will be the first time for both of us to be on that side of the world. I am just so blessed to have things fall into place the way they did. Here's to a great adventure.

No comments:
Post a Comment