One of my favorite things about China is shopping at the market. I love a good deal. And I think it is fun to bargain to see what you can get. There are some great fake markets in Beijing and Shanghai, but we don't really have that in Nanjing... and if we do, I personally haven't found them yet. But, we do have several "commodity" markets. They sell everything. Literally. From toilet paper to face soap to underwear to headbands to bike locks to speakers to toaster ovens. And most things in between. They're just not knock-offs of brand name items like the ones in the bigger cities :) I am really bad at taking legitimate pictures of things, but I have a few I took from the last time I went. I ended up just buying some speakers for my computer... 20 yuan/$4ish. They work really well. I think I am getting a bit deaf from all the fireworks and construction. Or my computer speakers are going out. Who knows?
I was actually looking for work shoes this day. But, I didn't find any ones I liked.
I did however find some cute shoes for Tuck and Chars... but I don't know what size they wear over here. pretty sure they are bigger than the Chinese kids. I have noticed that my perception of "cute" has changed a bit... maybe from all the gawdy/glitzy/random stuff I see in China? Pretty much anything goes here.
Look closely on the 3rd shelf from the top. See what I mean? Fish shaped flip-flops. Any takers?
Here's one stall that sold dishes and things.
This one sells rugs, bath mats, and chair cushions. Markets like this one are kind of like thrift stores with an eclectic mix of stuff. Sometimes I'm not sure if it is new.. usually it looks fairly newish. Sometimes not so much. Sometimes it looks very dated. But who know, maybe that's just the taste differences?
No comments:
Post a Comment