1.11.2012

Chinese New Year Plans

Chinese New Year vacation starts a week from Wednesday and I'm so excited! I have 11 days off to travel :)

The first stop on my traveling extravaganza is the city of Xiamen. Xiamen is geographically located about half way between Shanghai and Hong Kong on the coast. I'm going there with Ashley and Jennifer from my center. From there, we plan to take a ferry to Kinmen (an island between China and Taiwan), and then another ferry to mainland Taiwan. We're not quite sure how all of that will work out, but hopefully we can get more information once it gets closer.
We haven't completely decided what all we'll see in Xiamen. There is a cycling tour around the city that circles most of the touristy sites, so we are thinking about renting bikes and doing that one day. There's also an island nearby that is a pedestrian-only island. It is supposed to have lots of naturally beautiful sites.

From there, Ashley and I fly to Sanya. Sanya is the southernmost point of China and very tropical. It is known for its beaches. We will be in Sanya for the actual Chinese New Year holiday. We don't have a ton of plans there either. Just relaxing on the beach :)

No comments:

Post a Comment