7.12.2012

Dough Sticks

One of the things I see commonly for street food is these fried dough sticks. It looks like a churro without the cinnamon sugar (I know!! that's the best part!) It is usually a breakfast food from what I've casually observed. I've never actually tried them because I don't really trust fried street food (I hear that sometimes people go down into the sewers and scrape the "oil" off of the nasty water and then sell it for cheap--which ends up going to street food vendors. I read about it in the foreigners magazine a few months ago). Today as I was heading to work, I saw a man mixing up this dough.

 I guess they are expecting lots of takers? By the way, did you notice how dirty the street is? I'm pretty sure that puddle isn't "water" if you know what I mean. Appetizing, right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment