1.07.2008

Rainy and Cold

Not much to report today. I ventured out on my own and found the church. It is the most interesting church meeting place I've ever seen. It is on top of a Tabac (a convience store, and a place where you can buy tobacco... which is interesting because they're everywhere yet France just changed to a no-smoking indoors country..) and on top of the church is apartment buildings. The branch is super tiny--about 25 members. They have 4 missionaries for the branch, both sisters and elders. The missionaries are all American, which was a lifesaver because they helped translate for me. During the last meeting, the Bishop had me speak in front of the branch, which was interesting to say the least. I did learn a few new words in French, and the missionaries offered to give me a survival French course. I may be taking them up on the offer!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Jessi! I noticed you changed you name. You dropped the e. Getting fancy on us! How's France?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessi

    Martin and I are on the phone and he liked your website so he left you the message above mine.

    ReplyDelete