3.13.2008

Door knob

So I just went to go brush my teeth and my door wouldn't open. I thought that was a bit strange since I never lock it (it is like one of those old-fashioned metal keys, like the ones you see on lockets). I asked my roommates that were in the living room to open it, but it wouldn't open. Apparently the little latch that bridges the door to the door jam fell off inside the door and we couldn't jolt it loose. Luckily, I have a balcony that leads to the kitchen so I was able to get out... funny thing was, I wasn't the one who thought of it; I seriously thought I was trapped in my room until a roommate said to use the balcony. That was definitely a "duh" moment. Anyway, one of the guys came around, and using 2 butter knives and a bottle opener, he was able to unscrew the entire knob set and now I can exit my room. Unfortunately, the wood around the door split a bit. Dad, good thing you're coming in a few weeks, I need someone to put the knob back on and fix the jam! I'll show you where the French "Home Depot" is and I'll bring my drawing pad :)

1 comment:

  1. Jessi

    you make me laugh with all of your little adventures!!

    ReplyDelete