3.28.2008

Rendez-vous in Paris


This is my mom and I on the bastille in Grenoble. The other picture is my dad and I in front of the Jet d'Eau in Geneva (Europe's tallest water fountain)
















As you know, my parents have been in town since Saturday. We got into Paris on Tuesday night, and after a long train ride and chaos at the gare (train station) we finally got our bus passes and were ready to go. Unfortunately, the public buses were not. We arrived at the RER station near our hotel, and none of the buses were running, so we called the hotel and they called a taxi for us. About an hour later, we finally made it to our home for the next 5 days. It is really nice, it is in the suburb of Montevrain, France, about a 30 minute ride on the train into Paris. It is like a condo, it has a kitchen and living room downstairs and then 2 bedrooms and the bathroom upstairs. If you want to check it out online, the website is here: MySuite Village. It is ultramodern and very spacious, unlike most of the European hotels. So our first day in Paris was spent seeing a bunch of touristy destinations, like Notre Dame, Ile de la Cite, Pont Neuf, Sainte-Chappelle, the Seine River and the Eiffel Tower. Today we went to EuroDisney. We originally bought the one day, two park pass, but after about half the day we decided that one day wouldn't be enough and we wanted to come back for round two. So we upgraded. And I'm excited about going to the Walt Disney Studios tomorrow, Paris style. They have Rockin' Roller Coaster (my favorite) and that is going to be lots of fun. Today at Disney was great though, it was nice and cool, it rained a bit, but we managed to stay dry. We started off our day in Tomorrowland, where we got to ride Space Mountain: Mission 2 (it goes upside down and in corkscrews... I knew it had to do something because it had shoulder restraints, but I didn't say anything to my parents because then they would have chickened out!) It was way fun. We also got to check out Buzz Lightyear Ranger Spin, and a ride the was made after 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. We made our way around the park and checked out other fun rides, such as It's a Small World (classic), a little boat ride exclusive to Paris that takes you through scenes of Disney movies, Indiana Jones ride, Pirates of the Caribbean, Aladdin, Big Thunder Mountain, the paddle boat ride, and probably some others that I forgot. And they have Casey's Corner on Main Street just like Florida... It's a Small World was cool because it had a USA-themed section at the end, complete with a replica of the Statue of Liberty, Golden Gate Bridge and Hollywood sign. And the little animatronic characters were dresses like cheerleaders, football players and baseball players and there were some "Hollywood" themed ones by the Hollywood sign, complete with the feather boas. After the long day at the park, we had a nice meal at the Silver Spur Steakhouse. Now we're super tired, but ready to go back tomorrow! I will add disney pictures soon!


3 comments:

  1. I am glad you guys are having fun!
    Looking forward to seeing more pics.

    Sharron

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be at Disney too. Me and Dallin! He's moving lots and lots now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We sure had a lot of Fun with you Jessi in France, and Switzerland. You sure were a good tour guide!!!

    I was proud of your French speaking abilities

    Love Ya

    Dad

    ReplyDelete