3.25.2008

Switzerland!

So my parents got in late Saturday night after a long day at the airport. We spent Sunday and Monday in Grenoble and it snowed about 4 inches. It was really cold and windy. We got on the train to Geneva at 5, and it was a nightmare. The train was splitting off, and we boarded the wrong train. It didn't seem right, so I asked and the conductor said we have to get off and board the cart in front of ours. Once we did that, the train was so packed that my mom got stuck in a mob of people and had to wait til the next stop to find a seat on the train. After that it was just fine. We got a really nice hotel in the heart of Geneva, and the lady that works here is really nice. We're going to head to the lake tomorrow (weather permitting) and also the Jet d'Eau, the flower clock and the Red Cross Museum. Then its on to Paris for the rest of the week. We're all excited about EuroDisney! 

P.S. Who knew people celebrated Easter Monday? Everything was closed in Grenoble today and the trams were running only 3 times an hour versus the usual 10 times. So we walked. Alot. In the snow, up hill both ways. But we did go up the bastille in the little balls, and my parents really liked that. 

2 comments:

  1. I wish I was going with you all to Euro Disney. Remember how much fun we had last year at Disney World? Maybe you and your parents can get some matching ears. Have fun and go on a few scary rides for me :)

    Love Aunt Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessi,
    I love reading your blogs!
    You are so detailed, I can picture everything! Have fun!!

    Sharron

    ReplyDelete