9.22.2012

HKDL--Adventure Land


Heading over to Adventureland, we saw Tarzan's Tree house, the Jungle River Cruise, and Festival of the Lion King. To get to the tree house, you board a raft that takes you across the river (which happens to be the same river used for the Jungle River Cruise). The tree house was curated really well--so many details. I wouldn't say it was exactly "fun", but it was a different thing to do.
One of the things my family loves to get in Adventureland in Orlando is the Dole Whip... It's pineapple juice topped with pineapple ice cream. Sadly, that didn't make its way over to Hong Kong. We were going to settle for the chocolate dipped banana bites, but they were out. I guess dried squid it is! (I wish I were joking, but that really was a popular item choice offered at all the carts throughout the park!)
Next we went on Jungle River Cruise. They had three lines to choose from--Mandarin, Cantonese, or English. The English was a little questionable (the corny one-liners were a bit lost when delivered by a non-native speaker!) but it was a fun, traditional Disney ride. It had a little surprise at the end, a geyser explodes on you! Luckily, I was seated in the middle and remained unscathed :)

Festival of the Lion King is such a wonderful show. It was neat to see the Hong Kong twist on things and hear the translations. I took a couple of short video clips--I hope they work :)






No comments:

Post a Comment