One of the fun things about stopping back in Manila on our way back to the mainland was catching up with my former roommate (France), Jeff. I think I mentioned before that he is teaching in Shanghai at one of the universities. He signed on for a 2nd year. We had intended to do some sightseeing together, but unfortunately we had some pretty bad weather (typhoon weather!) so we ended up heading back to Robinson's Mall. We first enjoyed a meal at TGI Fridays.
After Friday's we went to the bookstore in the mall. It was fun looking around and actually having the majority of books and magazines in English! And the Christmas decorations were already out. Really? It's the first week of October!
But, they also had out the Halloween decorations. Which, surprisingly enough, I haven't really seen at all in China. Wal-Mart by me has a small end cap of some masks/wings, but that is basically it. I like how this is called the "creepy corner".
As we continued to wander the mall, we spotted a Wendy's. I don't really even like Wendy's that much, but we stopped in and got Frosties. I got a root beer float. I really don't like those much either, but it just sounded good and they don't have root beer readily available in China. Or Wendy's.
After perusing the mall a bit (and buying lots of reeces peanut butter cups--don't judge me!), we decided to go see a movie. We were going to be all cultural and see a Filipino movie... but, they were in Tagalong with no subtitles. So we settled for a different movie. Great way to end the week's vacation :)
No comments:
Post a Comment