12.30.2011

I'm Still Here!

I moved into my apartment a week ago yesterday, and it is very different living here. There's only one heater/ac unit in the apartment (luckily it is in my room), so the rest of the place is permanently cold. I don't have internet there yet because my landlord kept saying it was set up, but he didn't have the password and it didn't work. The Realtor came over and was trying to help me, but it was fruitless. I did finally have a chance to go into the internet provider office today and set up a plan. After you set it up and pay a deposit, they call you (who knows how long that takes!) to set up an appointment to get the internet up and running. I'm not off again until Wednesday, and I hear that their time frames are basically all day... so I'm looking at least another week. It is very boring to go home after work because the TV is all in Chinese, my internet doesn't work, and there's really no one to call. I just go to bed. Then I wake up at incredibly early hours. Not my idea of a good time. Work has been going well so far. It has been super cold in Nanjing. I freeze every day. And it takes about 6 minutes for my hot water to heat up to take a shower... you can hear the gas "clicking" on and then a fire starting. Once I'm more settled I'll definitely post "detailed" pictures of the apartment.

In other news, I did get to book my Chinese New Year trip. I'm off for 11 days!! I'm going to Xiamen and Sanya (Sanya is the southernmost point of China to my knowledge, and it is a beachy, tropical climate). I'll post more on that soon as well.

Merry Christmas! and Happy New Year if I don't have a chance to post again before then :)

No comments:

Post a Comment