4.26.2008

Annecy

I went to Annecy (Ann-cee) yesterday with a friend from school that I hadn't hung out with before. We had a great time; Annecy is such a beautiful mountain town. We left super early (by French standards) and had a nice breakfast of hot cocoa and chocolate crepes by the canal. Then we went on a tour of the Palais de L'Isle, which is a triangular shaped building in the center of town which was built back in 1325 and was once used as a prison. We got to see the dungeons and hearing rooms and the little outdoor garden. Then, we hiked up the hill to the Chateau, which had a beautiful view of the city. We walked around the inside, and there was an art exhibit about strange animals and it was very... unique to say the least. (Check out the pictures below, you'll see what I mean). Then we went to the actual castle part (well, the tower) and there was a mini aquarium on the ground floor and then some exhibits about Lake Annecy on the other floors. Did you know it is the cleanest lake in France? After the two tours, we headed back down the hill and went window shopping. I don't know what it is about France but it makes you want to shop! After that we had a nice lunch along the canal; I had a green salad and a potato with creme fraiche and chives and 3 different kinds of cheese. And some walnuts. It was a different taste as far as potatoes go. Then we took a nice leisurely stroll along the lake and walked over to the Imperial Palace. I think it was a town hall or something at one point, but now it is a hotel and casino. A really nice hotel/casino. We went through the lobby and found some chairs on the balcony and hung out there for a bit, just watching the lake. That was pretty much my day, it was very relaxing, just what I needed :)

And now for the pictures:

BubbleShare: Share photos - Find great Clip Art Images.

No comments:

Post a Comment