4.28.2008

Presentation tomorrow

School is finally winding down. Well, at least the crazy class schedules are. I have a presentation tomorrow, a paper due the following Monday, another paper due the day after, and then my last paper due May 15. So tomorrow's presentation is for Production and Operations Management. We had to do this huge research project on Nespresso and determine everything from the mission to the market strategy to the buying center to the internal/external analysis using all sorts of tools and then we had to make conclusions and suggestions based on those results. We had a group of six, with a total of five questions to answer. Tomorrow our teacher will assign each group one of the five questions to present, so we're all a bit nervous about that. As a group we decided that whatever question is called, the person who prepared that question will present. Well, my partner and I did the first two questions, and since I'm the native English speaker I got picked to be the presenter. So I have a 40% chance of presenting by myself tomorrow for 10-15 minutes. This should be fun. I hate presenting, but I have gotten used to it since I started college, especially with Learning Communities and the semester abroad; it seems like I'm always up in front of a crowd. I'm hoping the Canadian girl in our group gets to present because she is an awesome speaker and would do way better justice for our group than myself. But we'll see, the odds are against me unfortunately. In other news, the American family from church had their baby (well, 2 weeks ago but they just brought it to church today). It is a little girl, number 5 in their family of all girls. The other girls came over and sat by me before church started and they were telling me about how much they enjoyed the invisible kool-aid my parents brought. I think they were more excited about the kool-aid than having their new baby sister at home! So I'm going out of town this weekend, hopefully Wednesday but more than likely Thursday. Not sure where yet, but it will be lots of fun. Hopefully my camera batteries come before then! (I went through 6 AA batteries during the day trip to Annecy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment