So I actually wrote this before I got back to Texas, but I guess it didn't get posted, so here it is now :)
And here's the raclette after we ate most of it. So good.
So being in France, I now have a better appreciation for cheese. I had an awesome salad the other night with this wonderful St. Marcellin cheese wrapped in phyllo dough, formed into little pockets of greatness, and pan fried. It is the best cheese in the world, and it is a local cheese for the Rhone Alps region. So I thought I would post some pictures I found online of my new favorite cheeses. You should check out Central Market and see if they have any of these wonderful products. Oh yes, I really eat cheese with practically every meal. Last night, the main part of my meal was cheese. It was raclette. I've had some pretty nasty raclette here, but there is also a great restaurant that serves it.
So this is reblochon cheese. It smells like gym socks, but one restaurant we went to thought it would be fun to serve it as raclette but it was not a pleasant experience.



No comments:
Post a Comment