If you guessed Wal-Mart, you'd be right :) That's right, I found it on my first full day exploring. Actually, I went to meet up with my old roommate from France, and Wal-Mart was in the same shopping plaza. That's Ashley with me, and two of Jeff's Chinese friends. They're both English majors, and were super helpful with some questions we had.
Want to know what else I found at Wal-Mart?
It's Christmastime, in China. Yes, you read that right. Although they don't necessarily support Christian beliefs, apparently they like to give gifts. I was a bit surprised to see Christmas trees here, so I asked the Chinese girls about it, and they said that they like parties and gifts. There you have it!
This was a super brief trip to Wal-Mart. It's a 3-story one, and they have these inclined moving sidewalks to get from floor to floor with your grocery cart. How cool is that? It pretty much looked like the Wal-Marts at home, except in Chinese. The meat section is a bit different, to say the least, but we'll get into that once I have to start grocery shopping for myself.


No comments:
Post a Comment