11.13.2011

The Magic of the Mouse

Don't mind the random people in the picture. It's China, there's always random people in the pictures :) So here it is. The happiest place in China. And my "home" for the next 14 months. This is apparently what a typical Disney English Center looks like. This one is located down the street from us, about a 10-15 minute walk. It's the Zhongshan Park location, and the one where I'll be doing most of my training.  

 This is the inside of the center. You have to go through those little clubhouse gates to get to the classroom. We were going into a presentation, so I quickly snapped a few photos on my way in. You know, I wanted everyone at home to have the full effect :)
Here's part of the group. Sorry guys that got cut out. We had a quick break and since everyone was sitting down, I figured it was another perfect opportunity to share the Disney experience. Notice the Mickey chair--you know you work for Disney when your chair has mickey on the back. This is one of the classrooms at the Zhongshan Park Center. They are pretty small, but they're made for about 10 kids, not 15-20 adults :) I also want to point out the cute children's artwork on the back wall. 
 
Now, you know it isn't truly Disney unless it is themed, so each classroom is themed after a different Disney movie, or a particular scene from a movie. Can you guess which room we were in? Here's another hint: 
If you guessed Finding Nemo, you're right. I wish I had gotten more pictures of the glass etching on the door and the other cute details, but we were in training :) I'm sure there will be plenty of time for all the different rooms.
And here's a picture to leave you with, my new friends (and Disney does celebrate Halloween--note the decals on the door)


No comments:

Post a Comment