2.18.2008
It's been awhile!
Hello out there! It's been a few days, not much has happened here in Grenoble. It has been really really cold these past few days, below freezing but no snow. For Valentine's Day I went to a Wine and Cheese party and tasted lots of cheese, all locally made. There was some really good creamy cheese, not really sure what the name was but it came in a little black cup. I actually had some classes last week as well, I had French again and International Business Environment and also Sales Techniques. On Saturday I went to a baptism for this girl who has been coming to church for a couple of months. She's probably in her mid-20's, and she speaks English. She is afraid of water so she had been holding off on being baptized... they actually had to baptize her 3 times because she didn't go under and when she came up she said that was the scariest thing she has ever done in her life, but she also said it was a day she'd remember forever. She was so happy that she was finally able to be baptized. Her family isn't very supportive of it, but alot of people from church came out. I made Texas Sheet Cake for the baptism and everyone said it was really sweet (flavor-wise, they don't make cakes like that here). Tonight was Mexican Night and Ana and I made beef and chicken fajitas, guacamole, homemade salsa, and rice pudding. We fed 13 people! The original 6 roommates and 6 guests (everybody wanted to come have some real Mexican food). I have two 8 AM classes this week, but luckily they are only 1.5 hours each. After class tomorrow we're going to get some brunch at this place by the cow restaurant. I don't know the name of the restaurant, but it is right across the plaza from this other restaurant that has a huge cow outside the door in Place Notre Dame. Oh yeah, and I've been tinkering around in Photo Shop alot lately and I made the little header that says Jessi Abroad with the pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
how did giving away the book of mormon go?
ReplyDeleteYeah Jessi how did it go? Also I am glad to see you are writing again. I have missed your nightly blogs.
ReplyDeleteI hope you will write more.
Love ya
DAD