2.11.2008

A Whole New Day

After a wonderful dessert last night (un petit tarte du fraisse... I'll post a picture soon), I crashed. Hard. I was really tired. Today I got up and went to the ward again. I like it because it has more than 20 people. We got a new elder in the ward, and also a new elder in the branch. Since their goal this year is to increase baptisms, each week a member is given a Book of Mormon to hand out, and the next week they report back to the ward about the experience and get to choose someone else to pass it out. This week they chose me. And its in French. I've been thinking about who I could give it to, and I definitely have a few names in mind. This should be interesting. Also, we have a lady getting baptized on Saturday and the sister missionaries asked if I would help with the food. The lady who is getting baptized has been learning English, and she was so excited to tell me about it today. She really wants everyone to be there; she said it will be a life-changing experience. So I'm going to bed a bit earlier than usual, I have a lovely 8 am class tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Jessi! I'm so excited for you! That's pretty intense of a ward over there, but it's a good way to get new baptisms! What kinds of food will you be making for the baptism? Did the missionaries know that you cook? Are the sister missionaries the same for the ward and the branch? Do you report in front of the whole ward that you gave out your BoM?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dido on Brea's comment! You rock!! I can't tell you how proud I am of you, you are really going outside the box! I can't wait to hear about what happens either. Where are the sisters and the elders from? Love ya tons and tons~

    ReplyDelete