2.23.2008
La Fondue!
This has been the first week I have actually had classes everyday. And it was a bit unusual! But, I am happy to announce that 4 of my 6 Saturday classes have been rescheduled, leaving me with only 2 Saturdays (cross your fingers!) of class time. Yay. That was good news in itself. Tonight Tessa, Sarah, Kate and I had a girls night out. I have been dying to go to this little fondue place in town, so that's where we headed tonight. They do fondue differently here, they serve the cheese with just bread, or you can order the cheese with a plate of dried, cured meat. We opted just for the bread because we wanted to save room for dessert. It was really good, not as good as the Melting Pot, but close. They gave us so much cheese that we weren't able to finish it, but that didn't stop us from ordering chocolate. It was delicious as well. This has been a bit of a chocolately sinful week... last night Tessa and Kate came over and we made Chicken Alfredo for everyone at the house, and afterwards we decided to make real American cookies (desserts aren't sweet here). We hit up Spar for some chocolately goodness.. we bought 5 chocolate bars and some cocoa and made delicious chocolate cookies with all the different kinds of chocolate and some oatmeal. I think we ate more dough than we did actual cookies. (Tessa, Sarah and Kate might as well live here, they hang out at the house alot with everybody. They all go to school with me. Tessa and Kate are from the US and Sarah is Canadian). I finally bought ski clothes this week. Tomorrow several of us are heading up to Les Sept Laux for a fun-filled day of skiing. It's my first time, wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
how fun! I would love to go skiing, but probably can't with baby. We find out what we are having in two weeks (hopefully). I bet everyone loves it when you cook for them! It sounds good!
ReplyDeleteLove ya!
PS: how did the Book of Mormon thing go?
Yum, yum can you make some Fondue when you get home? :)
ReplyDeleteYummmmmy! Wish you had taste-o- computer!
ReplyDeleteLove, Aunty Mela