12.05.2012

Tokyo Disney Sea: Mermaid Lagoon

I love the Little Mermaid. Naturally, I loved this area of the park too :) Mermaid Lagoon was made to look like King Triton's Palace (Ariel's dad). Most of the rides are actually inside the palace. The whole inside is black lighting and everything is florescent. Makes it hard to get good pictures, but has a really neat effect if you're actually there. 
So remember how I said you tend to see some more obscure characters on this side of the world? One of them was Prince Eric. I was tempted to get a picture with him but felt silly since he was also western. So I took this stealth photo instead. Thought you'd enjoy that :)
 

So the top picture is King Triton's Palace. Cool, right? The middle one is just some details on the outside of the palace.

 Here are some of the inside pictures. The top is called "The Whirlpool". It's like a teacup ride. The Blowfish Balloon race is the next picture. Cool ride. The blowfish acts as a parachute and you're suspended in a carriage beneath that. It just goes up and down in a circle.
The picture on the bottom left is the translator machine I got. They have a show inside the palace as well--"Under the Sea." I was thinking it'd be like the one at MGM Studios but it is not at all. It is more similar to Festival of the Lion King in the sense that it is a stage production, but a large majority of it is in the air, to make you feel as though you're under the sea. It was interesting to me because the ending was different. Usually Ursula takes Ariel's voice so she can get legs... yeah, that didn't happen. It just kind of ended. Interesting.

The other ride I rode was Jumpin' Jellyfish. You're put in a jellyfish shaped ride and it drops you gently like a parachute-type ride. Fun. Not at all scary :)

A few of the rides were under renovation in this area. Bummer, was looking forward to the little roller coaster: Flounder's Flying Fish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment