12.27.2012

Tokyo Disneyland: Food

If you've been following my posts, you'll notice a trend. I like food. I tried lots of different foods at the park--partly because I was hungry, and partly because I'd never seen some of the things before. I tried the turkey leg in Westernland (fail), pizza in Fantasyland (decent) and these two little Asian things in Adventureland (success).
This little Mickey is a trio of steamed buns. Steamed buns is a popular food in Asia (well, China and Japan)... kind of like a dumpling, but the "shell" is a dough that is steamed, hence the name. The ears were a pork and veggie variety, and the head was chicken terriyaki. The bowtie was just dough.

Had I seen this first, I probably would have passed on the steamed buns. This is a  sticky rice ball with egg, wrapped in bacon. Well, pork that is kind of like a bacon. I don't really know how to describe it... maybe bacon that hasn't been cured? The egg apparently goes in poached... and as  you eat it the yoke makes the rice more tasty. That's how the cashier described it to me. Odd, yes. Good? Absolutely.



No comments:

Post a Comment